What we Looked at When Choosing The Best Online Betting Sites
Attempts to legalise sports betting in India began in 2016. However, no law has been passed in 2022. The low volume of the national market is forcing players to use the services of major international operators. When forming the ranking, we tried to take into account the peculiarities of bookmakers’ offers and the specifics of the Indian market. The basis of the analysis were:
- Popularity of bookmaker in the world. There are no national betting companies in India yet. Customers have to play on the websites of international brands. It is better to work with a popular company. The more interest the public has in a particular operator, the less risk for the player.
- Betting odds. The profitability of playing on the website of a particular company is determined by the size of the odds. The figure depends on the margin, or internal commission, set by the company. The best online betting sites fix the minimum commission. As a result, the game is more profitable for the clients.
- Available sports. To get into the rankings, international bookmakers have to consider the specifics of the Indian market. In our country, customers prefer to bet on cricket. There are no official statistics, but, according to unofficial data, most punters choose this direction for betting. Next in terms of popularity are kabaddi, football, hockey. The disciplines are on about the same level, according to the degree of interest of clients.
- Depth of match detail. The main 1×2 betting markets are all bookmakers without exception. The market leaders allow customers to play Asian and European handicaps, totals and other betting options. The better the detailing of sports popular among Indians, the higher the chances of the company to be in the rankings.
- Bonus offers. Bonuses allow players to increase their profitability from betting on sports. Bookmakers use different formats of incentives. In the list of the best we have added companies that offer rewards for the first deposit, subsequent deposits, freebets and affiliate promo codes.
- Availability of live streaming. Many betting customers prefer to bet live. One of the main evaluation criteria has been the availability of live match broadcasts. Players get an opportunity to analyse the quality of teams’ performance and increase the accuracy of their predictions.
- An app for mobile devices. Playing through an app is more convenient. We have added projects with special software for smartphones to the list of the best companies.
- Quality of customer service. The best bookmakers are willing to offer different channels of communication with the support team. Users can contact the support team via online chat, email, call centre.
A comprehensive evaluation of each bookmaker has made it possible to compile a list of the best online betting sites. In the following section you will find out which operators made it into the list of leaders.
Requirements for Bookmakers to be Listed
|📌 Experience||> 1 year.|
|📄 License||MGA, Curacao, etc.|
|🎰 Site Version||Desktop, Mobile version.|
|💵 Currency||INR, USD, EUR.|
|💳 Deposit Methods||Visa, MasterCard, E-Wallets, Cryptocurrencies, etc.|
|💳 Withdrawal Methods||Visa, MasterCard, Bitcoin, WebMoney.|
|💵 Min. Deposit||100 ₹|
|💵 Min. Withdrawal||100 ₹|
|🕓 Withdrawal Time||Instantly / Up to 24 hours.|
|✅ Registration Methods||Email, Telephone number, Social media, etc.|
|🎁 Bonus||100% Welcome bonus, free bets.|
|⚙️ Offers||Betting, Live Betting, Casino, Live Casino etc.|
|💻 Support||Live Chat, Email, Phone.|
Top Betting Sites in India
The top betting sites in India were formed after a detailed analysis of each bookmaker. The companies on the list offer the best possible bonuses and take into account the specifics of the local market. Websites are localized for Indian language, there is an opportunity to put an English version.
Some companies have taken the lead in lists of the best online bookmakers, thanks to increased betting limits, depth of match detail and an attractive bonus system. The list includes:
- 1xBet. The bookmaker offers a bonus of up to Rs 31910 on the first deposit. There are 400+ cricket matches available on the site daily. The operator covers national championships and international tournaments. The operator offers 500+ selections of outcomes for popular competitions. The margin for the match winner’s market is at 3-6%. You can bet on field hockey, football, kabaddi. Conker offers handy apps for iOS, Android.
- 22Bet. New players can expect a bonus of Rs 11300. Visitors will see over 400 cricket matches. For some games, the operator offers 500+ variations of outcomes. The base commission is at 3-6%. One can bet on international meetings, SMS Premier League Sunel and other options. Bookmaker accepts bets through the website, mobile apps for all operating systems.
- Melbet. The bookmaker gives up to Rs 7767 for the first deposit. More than 400 cricket matches are reviewed daily on the operator’s website. The commission on the main market is as high as 3-6%. The bookmaker gives 500+ options of outcomes for popular encounters. It is possible to bet on kabaddi and other disciplines. The betting site has developed apps to play on iOS and Android.
- Betwinner. The operator will give cricket fans the opportunity to play 400+ matches daily. The depth of detail of popular competitions reaches the 500 variants mark. The commission for the main market is 3-6 percentage points. There is an option to bet on Tamil Nadu Premier League matches and other championships. The starting incentive for new players is at Rs 7767. Bets can be placed through desktop, mobile version of the website, smartphone apps.
- Parimatch. The betting company offers cricket, field hockey, football and other disciplines for Indian players. The margin on 1×2 in cricket matches is at 8-9%. For many matches, the operator gives up to 100 variations of outcomes. New customers can count on a welcome bonus.
The listed companies rightfully occupy a leading position in the market. These betting sites offer the best solution for Indians.
Legality of Betting Sites in India
The conservative political system in India affects the sports betting industry. There are no laws regulating the relevant industry in the country. Legal betting sites operate under international licenses. Local regulators are not involved in the paperwork for betting companies.
A law of 1867 is still in force in the country. The document forbids to make profit from betting on sports events. The need to legalise the industry is due to pressure on sportsmen by unofficial betting companies. Players are forced to lose matches. This was stated by Cricket Control Board chief Ajitha Singh Shekhawat.
Licensed online betting sites can now only operate under international documents. We do not recommend using the services of betting companies that do not have proper permits. Contacting illegal betting operators is fraught with the risk of losing money for the client. There are difficulties in withdrawing winnings and bookmakers may set strict limits.
Local regulators are not going to ban international companies when legalising them. Lawmakers want to issue betting sites with appropriate licences and bring them into the legal fold.
India’s Betting Tax System
So far, the sports betting industry has not been legalised. Technically, it is forbidden for players to bet on sports. In fact, the law of 1867 has not been enforced. Not a single customer of betting companies has been punished by the authorities in recent years.
The lack of legalisation of the industry is a direct loss to the country’s budget. Customers do not pay taxes on winnings. Formally such behaviour cannot be blamed on the players. That is why one of the benefits of legalizing the sector is the increased collection of taxes. Lawmakers suggest linking the player’s number on the betting site to the tax number of the bank account. This would allow control over the process of receiving winnings.